Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Ex Libris - Progress

I am so pleased that this particular prize list has become an ongoing reading project! I love to follow the Orange Prize and can now do so as much as I want without any guilt! Thanks, Wendy!!

I am planning to read three books from this list in 2008:
  • Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (winner 2007)
  • The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai (shortlist 2007)
  • Eveless Eden by Marianne Wiggins (shortlist 1996)
I will probably add to this list once the 2008 short list is announced. I may add others, too, if time permits me to read them.

Following are the Orange Prize list books I've already read:
  • Digging to America by Anne Tyler (shortlist 2007)
  • The History of Love by Nicole Krauss (shortlist 2006)
  • Beyond Black by Hilary Mantel (shortlist 2006)
  • The Accidental by Ali Smith (shortlist 2006)
  • The Night Watch by Sarah Waters (shortlist 2006)
  • A Short History of Tractors in Ukranian by Marina Lewycka (shortlist 2005)
  • The Great Fire by Shirley Hazzard (shortlist 2004)
  • Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (shortlist 2004)
  • Bel Canto by Ann Patchett (winner 2002)
  • Hotel World by Ali Smith (shortlist 2001)
Sharon (Ex Libris)

No comments: